Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Legends of Krynn - Day 3

After a brief hiatus, I am continuing my adventures on The Legends of Krynn today.  After a couple days of playing, I am now beginning to find myself growing quite bored with this MUD.  Except for a few peek hours, the population of this MUD is so low that there is little opportunity for meaningful interaction wit other players.  I am also not fond of certain rule systems that break my suspension of disbelief.  One notable example of this is how items disappear from my inventory upon exiting the game if I am not high enough level to use them.  This serves only to inconvenience me, and as far as I can see, doesn't serve any real roleplaying purpose.

I also had a peek around the Legends of Krynn forums today, and was disappointed to find very little in the way of recent forum activity.  There have only been about two posts in the last month.  This does not bode well in my search for an active and growing community.

So where does this leave me?  Well, I am not here to simply bash on this game.  It does have it's good points. There has obviously been a great deal of time and care spent crafting a world reminiscent of the Krynn we all know and love from the Dragonlance novels.  There are always at least a few other players and imms on whenever I have logged in.  I just haven't had the opportunities I have been looking for in the way of real meaningful interactions with other players.  Also, when I am out hunting by myself, I always feel a bit lost.  I am never sure how to find my way back to a settlement. Once I am in a city, I can use maps to find my way around some places, but there are limits on the use of recall in this game that make it difficult for me to find my way home, which is just a little bit too frustrating for me as a new player. 

I will probably continue to play on Legends of Krynn from time to time, as it has enough good points to keep me interested, and see if my experience improves as I become more familiar with the game,  but for now I am going to look for more random MUD picks to try.

0 comments:

Post a Comment