Sunday, July 6, 2014

Introduction

The Mud Connector's logo
The Mud Connector's logo (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Welcome to my new Blog about MUD Gaming.  Here I will be reviewing MUDs that I play, and discussing various topics related to MUD Gaming, retro Gaming, programming, game design, and whatever else comes to mind.  Since This is not a professional blog, I plan to keep things pretty informal here.

I have been playing MUDs since the mid 90s.  I started playing MUDs at a time when all I had access to was a dial-up internet connection through a 14.4 kbit/s modem, and there were few options for online roleplaying.  Since then, I have played, and continue to play many graphical online RPGs, but no experience has quite captured the feeling I got from playing those first MUDs all those years ago.

I have gone on to develop an interest in working on MUDs, and have begun to teach myself the necessary skills to one day run my own game.  Until then, I will continue to play MUDs, and write about them here.  I am going to start by looking for random MUD picks on The MUD Connector, trying them out, and sharing my impressions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment